(Salvia Apiana) or White sage is an herb held sacred by Native Americans for hundreds of years, and has been used for its medicinal purposes for centuries.
Benefits white sage offers:
(sustainably sourced from California)
- Sage offers antioxidants, anti inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties to promote overall health and target emerging infections. It is also used as a diuretic and a stimulant.
- Furthermore, sage has been scientifically proven to help rid the air of allergen causing bacteria, mold and pollens.
Palo Santo, which means "holy wood" in Spanish, is one of the most fragrant woods in the world. Its sweet scent of pine, mint, and lemon has, for centuries, been used for healing and good fortune. Shamans, saints, and those seeking a stronger spiritual connection with the world use palo santo to protect, experience, and heal.
Benefits Palo Santo offers:
(sustainably sourced and wild harvested from Peru)
- Physical healing, spiritual purifying and energy cleansing
- Inspiring creativity and bringing love and good fortune
- Bringing a deeper connection to the divine source.
- Energetic protection and the removal of negativity.
Used in rituals and ceremonies for centuries, white sage and Palo Santo are often burned in a purification ceremony called smudging. Smudging is a cleansing ceremony used to help people, places, or even objects get rid of negative energy or even bad spirits.
How to Perform a Smudging Ceremony
To perform the ceremony, place a bundle of sage or palo santo in the vessel and set it alight for a few seconds. After a few seconds, blow the flame out to allow the smoke to billow up. If the sage is particularly dry, the flames will catch on quickly, so be prepared to blow it out just as quickly.
The smoke given off by white sage or palo santo cleanses by attaching itself to the negativity in the space. As the smoke spreads, so do its cleansing and healing properties. Speak positive intentions and expel negative energy while fanning the smoke throughout your space or home.
*** Remember to crack a window or open a door to release any negative energy out of your space***