Lemongrass is an herb native to India and Sri Lanka. The oil is extracted from the leaves of the plant in it's purest form, resulting in a strong, fresh, lemony, and earthy scent. It is stimulating, relaxing, soothing, and balancing. We could all use more of that, right?
Here are 5 reasons you should add this to your skincare routine and lifestyle!
1. Vitamin-rich: Lemongrass essential oil is a source of essential vitamins such as vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, folate and vitamin C.
2. Anti-bacterial: Lemongrass is well-known as both an anti-microbial and anti-bacterial herb.
3. Fungicidal: Lemongrass Oil has good fungicidal properties and may be used to remedy fungal infections, like athlete's foot.
4. Astringent: As an effective astringent, Lemongrass helps to minimize pores, limit the secretions of oil (great for those of us with oily skin), and tighten skin.
5. Anti-inflammatory: According to a 2005 study, Lemongrass Oil is one of the top six essential oils with anti-inflammatory properties, helping to reduce the pain and inflammation that can sometimes lead to chronic disease.
Got oily skin? Try our handmade soap for face and body!
Shop our Lemongrass and Tea Tree Soap.
Legal Disclaimer: We are required by law to say that these statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, have a medical condition, or any doubts - please consult your physician before buying this product. We do not offer this product with the intention to treat, cure, diagnose or claim to cure any condition. All claims regarding this product are per third party findings